News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

I wanted to get some more information, regarding those two awards what i just got.

Are they with right ribbons and maybe someone can give me little bit more information about them.

First is one LS cross:

10014078_2IRQ.jpg

And here I afraid its not the right ribbon or is it? Some more info about it would be nice as well.

10024606_4az2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Noor

Edited by Noor

Guest Rick Research

Top one: VERY nice! W?rttemberg 25 years military long service cross, type from 1891 on. Correct ribbon.

Bottom: Hessian "General Decoration" medal but only the REVERSE will tell us which one: that's why it was called the "general" decoration. On what is most usually the Saxon Albert Order ribbon, though it could be other things. The correct ribbon for this will depend on what's on back of the medal itself.

Thank you Rick! :cheers:

Second one:

There is text in the middle "F?R TAPFERKEIT" and all around oakleavs. Nothing else. i hope this helps you to identify it? Also what is the correct ribbon for this medal?

I can scan picture tomorrow, when its nessesary.

Thanks again,

Noor

Guest Rick Research

:beer: That is the Bravery Medal version ("HT" in Rank Lists). It should be on Hesse's war ribbon, which is very pale blue with a broad red stripe near each side.

That looks like a silver one, so pre-1917.