News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

First at all, thanks for all information, what i got from here last days.

But I have more and more questions :speechless:

1. Kurhessisches J?ger Bataillon No. 11. 5.12.1813-5.12.1913.

What kind jubilee medal it is? Like I understand, it is for this unit, what got 100 years old. But who institute this award, who got this award (probably members of this unit?) and prox. how many of those medals awarded?

10230745_OeSW.jpg

2. Prinzregent Luitpold-Medaille 1905 in Bronze

Like I understand, this award was for army, given in 1905 and in 1911/12? I think I have this 1905 year one, with text on the reverse "AM 70 JAHRESTAG MEINES DIENSTANTRITTES DER BAYER ARMEE"?

Again, who institute this award and prox. how many of them awarded during those years?

10231209_Zbfr.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Noor :jumping:

Guest Rick Research

The first one is not official-- it is a souvenir item.

Yes, the long text is the 1905 issue, and to confuse things, the reverse with a big shield with 1905 was the 1911 Luitpold Jubilee Medal.

The 1905 Luitpold Jubilees were given to all Bavarian regular army ranks EXCEPT draftees, and also to all Reserve and Landwehr officers, all retired officers, and hodlers of Bavarian Bravery Medals. The 1911 version was extended to Bavarian citizens in the navy and colonial forces if they were officers. Theoretically non-first term (draftee) enlisted personnel would have been ELIGIBLE... but I've never seen documents to navy/colonial enlisted men in the 1911 version.

Thanks again Rick :jumping:

I was almost sure but I wanted confirm this information. It is very interesting field to study (Imperial Germany awards), every day brings something new.

Thanks,

Timo

Hi Noor,

The Kurhessian Jubilee medal awarded in connection with J?ger Bn. Nr. 11 (and Inf. Rgt. Nr. 81) would look like this. Incidentally, there were ninety-two awards to J?ger Bn. Nr. 11.

Best wishes,

Wild Card