News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I?ve got the following information to Funcke:

Rangliste 1898, 1904

1. Kurhessisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 81

Regimentsarzt Oberstabsarzt Dr. Funcke, Roter Adler-Orden 4. Klasse, Dienstauszeichnungskreuz

Ordensalmanach 1908/9

Funcke, Emil, Dr., Oberstabsarzt z.D. beim Landwehrbezirk Elberfeld, Varresbeckerstr. 80, geboren in Berlin 8.2.1847: KDM 79/71, Roter Adler-Orden 4. Klasse, Dienstauszeichnungskreuz, Centenarmedaille

Rangliste 1909

Diensttuender Sanit?tsoffizier Landwehrbezirk Elberfeld

Oberstabsarzt z.D. Dr. Funcke, Roter Adler-Orden 4. Klasse, Kronenorden 3. Klasse, Dienstauszeichnugnskreuz (m. d. U. d. aktiv. Sanit. Offiz.)

Ehrenrangliste des ehemaligen Deutschen Heeres 1926

Generalarzt a.D. Dr. Funcke (IR 81) Leiter der milit. ?rztl. Abt. d. Versorg.Amt III AK

Unfortunately his bar is uncomplete because of the separation of the PCO. Afterwards the ribbons where sewed unprofessional.

Guest Rick Research

That's very interesting! So his next of kin (who is that addressed to?) returned the Crown Order 3 rather than pay the fee to keep it, but kept the Red Eagle 4! :speechless1:

Dr Funcke's promotions:

Assistenz-Arzt I. Klasse: 22.6.76

Stabsarzt: 24.5.81

Oberstabsarzt II. Klasse (ohne Patent): 28.9.92

Oberstabsarzt II. Klasse: 22.11.92

Overstabsarzt I. Klasse/Oberstabsarzt: 3.9.97 N

char. Generaloberarzt: 17.5.10

He retired from his position with Bezirkskommando Elberfeld on 17 May 1910.

Regards

Glenn

That?s what I like here, quick and substantial replies :beer:

@ Rick and Heiko

Yes, it is odd to give one order back and keep the other. I?m not sure, but it could be, that before 1918 all orders were withdrawn to award them again after repairing. After 1918 the only aim was to recollect the rare metal. About 12 g of silver wasn?t perhaps worth the procedure, but 12 g of gold was it? I hope to get some more information about this topic today.

There is no envelope and adress to the paper.

@ Glenn

:jumping::jumping::jumping: the first time I see the Stammliste of the Kaiser Wilhelms Akademie published in 1910. I was searching for it a few month. Decorated medicals are my special interest, so this book is essential for me. But what is the source of Funckes promotion?

thanks and greetings, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Greetings komtur,

this is from the Vollst?ndige Anciennet?ts-Liste der Offiziere des deutschen Reiches-Heeres, 1895.

Dr. Funcke's promotion to char. Generaloberarzt was published in the Milit?r-Wochenblatt.

Regards

Glenn