News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Gold Dollars...

Yes, the Saint Guadens design-type. I've always liked them as well but with Gold being as high as it is right now, a set like yours is out of the price-range of the average collector here in the US. Originally, the Saint Guadens was a 20.00 gold-piece exclusively that went out-of-circulation in the early 1930's and most Americans, as a result, have never seen one. Very nice coin set!

Yes, the Saint Guadens design-type. I've always liked them as well but with Gold being as high as it is right now, a set like yours is out of the price-range of the average collector here in the US. Originally, the Saint Guadens was a 20.00 gold-piece exclusively that went out-of-circulation in the early 1930's and most Americans, as a result, have never seen one. Very nice coin set!

:speechless1: Think these type of coin sets are beyond the means of most collectors, to be honest!!! :speechless1:

• 2 weeks later...

If you thought they are expensive check out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933_Double_Eagle

The 1933 double eagle (United States 20-dollar gold coin) currently holds the record for highest price paid at auction for a single U.S. coin when it was purchased for US$7.59 million.

The 1933 Double-Eagle is a one-of-a-kind coin though in that it's the only one of that year and denomination legally issued by the Treasury Department of the United States. You can a common-date Saint Gaudens 20$ in a decent grade for under 1,000.00 probably. I haven't checked prices on gold-coins for a while.

:speechless1: Think these type of coin sets are beyond the means of most collectors, to be honest!!! :speechless1:

You have to diferentiate between "collectors" and "investors." From a collector's point of view, most don't collect this type of coin. But the Saint Gaudens Double-Eagle has been a favorite of numismatic investors for a long, long time. I, personally have only owned one.

• 1 month later...

...the Saint Gaudens Double-Eagle has been a favorite of numismatic investors for a long, long time.

For good reason, they are incredibly beautiful! I especially like the reverse, the eagle is just majestic flying over the sun.

Tim