News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am trying to determine the IR 411 is anyway connected to the pricipality of Reuss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

All I can find: IR411 was part of the 202ID recruited from X Corps District; Hanover. 411 had some elements from the IX Corps District (Holstein) as well.

Reuss was in the XI Corps District.

Hardy

Edited by Naxos

IR 411 was formed on 10 June 1916 by the stellv. Generalkommando of X. Armeekorps as the "Infanterie-Regiment bzw. K?stenschutz-Regiment Oldenburg". It was numbered IR 411 on 6 July 1916. Its replacement unit (as well as demobilization unit) was 2. Hannoversches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 77.

I. Bataillon of IR 411 was formed from companies of 1.Ers.Btl./IR 77, the Ers.Btl. of Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 73 (a mixed Hannover and Braunschweig regiment), and the Ers.Btl. of RIR 74 (a mixed Hannover and Oldenburg unit).

II. Bataillon of IR 411 was formed from companies of Ers.Btl./IR 164 (Hannover), 1.Ers.Btl./IR 78 (Ostfriesland), 1.Ers.Btl./IR 91 (Oldenburg), and 2.Ers.Btl./IR 78 (Ostfriesland).

III. Bataillon of IR 411 was formed from companies of Ers.Btl./RIR 79 (Hannover and Oldenburg), Ers.Btl./RIR 92 (Hannover), and 2.Ers.Btl./IR 92 (Braunschweig).

No Reuss connection that I can see. The regiment was all from the X. Korpsbereich, which was basically the Prussian province (and former kingdom) of Hannover, the Grand Duchy of Oldenburg and the Duchy of Braunschweig.

Infantry regiments with a Reuss connection are identified on my Reuss page. I need to add Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 467 and possibly Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 389 to that list, though.

IR 467 was raised throughout Thuringia, apparently in the 38. Division parts of the XI. Korpsbereich, which covered mainly Prussian Saxony, Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach, Sachsen-Meiningen, Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, and the Reu? and Schwarzburg principalities.

IR 389's connection was tenuous; it was a thoroughly mixed unit made of companies from various areas and drawing recruits from the more populous Rhineland region. One of the companies that formed it was Reuss' 7./RIR 32.