News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This little tinnie Goebbels Event Gleiwitz 6 June 1934. It is possible that Goebbels minister of propaganda , was there because of the renewed broadcasting station, that was inaugurated.

Gleiwitz was a German city close to the Polish border. Nowadays it is Polish territory .

There was a faked assualt on this German radio station end august 1939 by the SS ( under Heydrichs leadership), so they could blame the Polish . The ?Polish terrorists? that were dead found there, were in fact German prisonners put in Polish uniforms. The Nazis made propaganda?.. One German reason more to attack Poland September 1939.

Cheers,

Benten

This little tinnie Goebbels Event Gleiwitz 6 June 1934. It is possible that Goebbels minister of propaganda , was there because of the renewed broadcasting station, that was inaugurated.

Gleiwitz was a German city close to the Polish border. Nowadays it is Polish territory .

There was a faked assualt on this German radio station end august 1939 by the SS ( under Heydrichs leadership), so they could blame the Polish . The "Polish terrorists" that were dead found there, were in fact German prisonners put in Polish uniforms. The Nazis made propaganda?.. One German reason more to attack Poland September 1939.

Cheers,

Benten

It was indeed the pretext for the start of the war. Under the leadership of Heydrich and carried out by SS Alfred Naujocks, the radio station at Gleiwitz was supposed to have been attacked by Polish insurgents. The fact is that it was a total put up job by the Nazis, using Concentration camp inmates dressed up in captured Polish uniforms (Unfortunately suitably "Neutralised") which gave them the excuse to attack Poland as a reprisal. I do have a photo showing the end result with "International Observers" invited to view the scene, However it does show deceased people and I would not want to upload without approval from any moderators.

regards

Alex

As A side note, my Mother came from Gleiwitz.and was there when it happened, although not as a witness

Hi Benten, the tinnie you posted is a very nice piece of propaganda from Mr Goebbels. The later events at Gleiwitz which were used as a pretext for the invasion of Poland was also a cynical piece of propaganda orchestrated, I'm sure by Goebbels to exploit the situation in favour of the Nazi's justification for invading Poland, why else would they have invited "Neutral" international observers to see what these "Insurgents", the modern word I believe, had carried out.

regards

Alex