News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Military Sports badge dated 1959.

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

Another attractive badge found in a box of pins at the Deva Collectors Fair 23 June 2007,

is the following:

It features a map of the Soviet Union (?) with two figures lifting weights,

In the center mid foreground a soldier with AK, under this the date of 1959.

Around the circunfrence, a Slogan in Cyrilic.

Diameter: 31 mm, Horizontal broach fastening to rear.

No Maker Marks.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

looks not soviet to me. Maybe Rum?nien.

regards Andreas

Hallo Andreas :cheers:

thanks for your post, I have not come across any Rumanian Communist badges with Kyrilic / Cyrilic writing,

also the absence of the National colours of Romania leads me to think therefore, it has to have connections with Russia,

or possibly Bulgaria (?)

Kevin in Deva. :D

Guest Rick Research

Yup... that map of the USSR will do it! ;)

It says Heavy Athletics Championship, and from the sort of amorphous Martian-looking soldier must have been within the military. Not, i think, an "official" badge like the various marksmanship badges.

Yup... that map of the USSR will do it! ;)

It says Heavy Athletics Championship, and from the sort of amorphous Martian-looking soldier must have been within the military. Not, i think, an "official" badge like the various marksmanship badges.

Hallo Ricky, :cheers:

many thanks for your translation and identification, its surprising what can be found in a shoe-box full of various pins on a dealers table, all it took was about 30 minutes and a couple of sore fingers from the pins, all the badges I listed were found amongst the many in the box.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 1 month later...