News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents,

I picked up these tinnies last week. A couple are self explanatory, but any extra information on these and the others would be appreciated. The top left tinnie 32mm diameter Hitler Youth year date 1938, more I don't know. The top middle tinnie 28mm x 48mm also Hitler Youth appears to the be connected to a sports day of the German Arbeits Front round the edge has the inscription "Reichs-Beruf - Wettkampf der Deutscher Jugend". The top right tinnie relates to the Saarland returning to the German Reich in 1935.

The bottom left tinnie 26mm x 40mm is unknown to me, could be Winter Hilfes Werk - Saar (Saarland). The bottom right 25mm x 42mm another mystery has the script N.S. - Volks - Wohlfahrt -- Gau Sachsen = N.S folks Charity area Sachsen.

Any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

post-975-1182966304_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The one marked Reichsberufwettkampf der Deutscher Jugend isn't exactly a tinnie as such, it's more of a participation badge given to all the entrants of the competition. In later years the participation badges became more elaborate & the winners of the contest were awarded the Kreissieger, Gausieger & Reichssieger badges which I'm sure you've seen, with the eagles holding the DAF cogwheel with the H.J. Diamond on it with the dates 1938, 1939 & 1944.

I'll move your thread to the tinnie section where you will probably get a better response for the other tinnies in the picture.

Cheers

Don

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alec

The top left tinnie relates to the HJ Reichssportswettkampf 1938 probably a participants badge. My example is pressed card. The middle tinnie is as Don suggests a participants badge. 1935 was the second year of the Reichsberufswettkampf and although it had expanded in numbers taking part in comparison to the previous year the numbers were much smaller than post 1938 when the entry qualifications were relaxed.The Saarland returning to the Nazi Reich in the 1934 plebiscite following the Treaty of Versailles is recognised in the next tinnie.

The bottom left tinnie was sold in street collections for the 2 Winterhilfswerk des Deutschen Volkes 1934/35, primarily in Gau Rheinpfalz. The item bottom right relates to fund raising for the NSV who were charged with promoting social welfare activities hence the badge depicting Mutter und Kind.

Hope this helps the badges come "alive".