News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

S&L Still Selling (Making ?) 1957 Awards

Hello

A short while ago I e-mailed Steinhauer und Luck enquiring about the manufacturing process of their range of 1957 re-issue awards, and asked if they had any old late 1950, or 1960s catalogues lying around that I could buy. I had given up any hope of a reply when yesterday I received an e-mail with a list attached.

The e-mail simply said:

Dear David,

on the following list you find the badges which we can supply + VAT +

Freight costs.

With best regards

As I only, and specifically enquired about 57 badges I am assuming that this is a list of the 57 badges that S&L can still supply. Of course, this may be unsold stock still in the factory, or possibly they still make these items - despite percived wisdom being that S&L ceased 57 production in the late 1980s / early 1990s. I might order something to see what I get.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed.

post-661-1182966876_thumb.jpg

David, WOW!

Ritterkreuz: Original, echt silber mit Band 75 Euro

do you order online from the Steinhauer site?

Regards, Hardy

Hello

The question is, what do they mean by 'original' ? A nice early 57 RK, (I very much doubt it), or a late, (later ?), production piece. Don't forget, as their e-mail to me said, the prices are plus VAT, at whatever the rate is in Germany and plus postage. I haven't ordered anything yet, but I think I will to see what I get.

Not sure if I need to order via e-mail, phone or if it can be done through their website, which can be found at:

http://www.steinlueck.de/index.php?rubrik=startseite

If you get anything be sure to post it on here.

Hello

A short while ago I e-mailed Steinhauer und Luck enquiring about the manufacturing process of their range of 1957 re-issue awards, and asked if they had any old late 1950, or 1960s catalogues lying around that I could buy. I had given up any hope of a reply when yesterday I received an e-mail with a list attached.

The e-mail simply said:

Dear David,

on the following list you find the badges which we can supply + VAT +

Freight costs.

With best regards

As I only, and specifically enquired about 57 badges I am assuming that this is a list of the 57 badges that S&L can still supply. Of course, this may be unsold stock still in the factory, or possibly they still make these items - despite percived wisdom being that S&L ceased 57 production in the late 1980s / early 1990s. I might order something to see what I get.

Any thoughts or comments welcomed.

Hey, at least they responded to you...I e-mailed them several times last year and didn't even get a response. Let me know how your transaction works out.

It is always just a case of luck with S&L. Some times you get great service , some times it is crap.

First time I wrote them they sent a note of what was available, cost, shipping etc. I sent them the cash and the pieces arrived quite quickly. Next time I contacted them, after having a name/reference etc to write to, they didn't even reply.

Then another time, I asked about the availability of some Knight's Crosses, they sent my order straight away without even waiting for confirmation and before I had sent them the money. You just never know what kind of service you will get with them.

I think the sale of these "57" awards to individual customers is a very small and unimportant part of their business and at busy times they don't want to be bothered with it.

Hello

Thanks for the information Gordon. Out of curiousity I have just sent a reply to S&L enquiring about the EK1. If I get a reply, or indeed an EK, I'll let you know. Hopefully they will be in a period where they respond as I am interested in seeing what they are currently selling, in terms of quality (or lack of) etc.