News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interflug Stewardesses uniform

Gents,

Here are some photos of a Interflug stewardesses uniform from a post I made on the WAF some time ago. They are the fotos posted on ebay.de when I bought the uniform. It is identical to the blue uniform worn in the sme time period. It consists of a hat, tunic, skirt, blouse, scarf, handbag, shoes and the owners Interflug airport pass.

"Something that doesn't get much thread time on the forum is civilian organizations not connected in some way to the military so I though I would start a thread on Interflug Uniforms. At the same time I should mention that many of the Interflug pilots were ex NVA and/or still on reserve status with the NVA. In time of war Interflug would simply have become an extension of the transport arm of the NVA. So after all there is some link between Interflug and the military. The pictures I will post are from the auction of an Interflug Stewardesses uniform that I won. Bidding was "spirited" because the uniform was complete right down to the airpot ID pass. Something you rarely seen in any uniform auction. The tan uniform was for wear in southern climates. There is an identical uniform, in dark blue, for wear in colder climates. The badge on the right of the uniform indicates the wearer was a senior Stew. Probably in charge of the cabin staff onboard the aircraft."

Cheers,

Gordon

post-1609-1183017344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon Craig

A pic of the manufacturers label in the tunic. Note the size tag "g82". Women's uniforms in the DDR were sized differently than those of the men. Similarly to the way clothes are sized in North America, Great Britain etc. I don't have a comparitive chart for European and North American/Great Britain women's sizes. Some uniforms that appear to be made for men are also marked with these types of high numbers. In my mind this is still an open question and I've debated it on the WAF a number of times without any firm resolution.

Regards,

Gordon

post-1609-1183017789_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon Craig