News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

need help to indentify medals

Very odd, he is wearing his medals on Austrian style ribands. First appears to be the Order of the Lion of Zahringen,second appears to be the Turkish Order of the Medjidie and the last is the Academic palms (either French or Belgian). Why do you think he is Dutch?

Paul

nforum.nl/viewtopic.php?p=630#630

I hope some gentleman's can help us

... and the last is the Academic palms (either French or Belgian).

Hello Paul and JRH,

There's no Belgian Academic Palms award - no doubt you're referring to the Palms of the Order of the Crown, which rank below the knight class of that order and thus would be too lowly an award for such a distinguished gentleman as in the picture. I'm voting for the French Academic Palms on this one ...

Cheers,

Hendrik

Have you considered the Portuguese version - which is worn on a yellow ribbon? This one looks too light for the French purple.

Dear Megan,

I did consider the Portuguese one (Instru?ao Publica Order, I believe it's called) but think the one in the picture is too oval in form for it to be anything else but the French decoration.

Cheers,

Hendrik