News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Juncker DKiG opinions

Dion,

You're gonna need better photos for any degree of certainty on this one. Enlargement of the central area (wreath etc) would be essential. What is the weight ?

The wreath detail does look a little "soft" but this could just be wear as it certainly seems to have "been around" if the enamel wear is anything to go by.

This one, the last Juncker through my hands, was 51.2gr. Note how crisp the details of the wreath are.

Reverse. Different set up to yours as far as the retaining clip is concerned, but the type on yours is seen on later Juncker DKs.

Some doubt this style, but I believe that those like Ivan Bombardieri who really know their DKs accept that genuine late Juncker DKs exist with this style clip. Unfortunately fake late style Juncker DKs also exist with this style clip.

The font for the maker mark "2" is OK on yours. There are two distinct Font types. Again it had been suggested that the style of font on yours as found on late types was an indicator of being a fake. This is nonsense, as both styles of Fopnt can be found on earlier heavy Juncker DKs. So the Font on its own is no real indicator either way.

Hi Gordon

Let me see if I can make some crisper shots of the wreath.

I agree with you on the font also on tthe Maker Mark. Not being the first style it is dismissed as a fake.

The back has definitely seen some wear and the swaz has a little damage to it.

Let me see if I can make some decent shots.

Hello ,

I do not have a good feeling on this badge , in my humble opinion I think this is a high end repro . I do not like the details in the wreath , The details look weak and look cast to me . What makes me nervous all the wear to the silver disc behind the raised swastika . Maybe it is just the way it looks in these pictures but the swastika looks like it has nowhere near the wear that the silver disk has ! In my mind how can something that is so raised up as the swastika escape all the wear shown BEHIND it on that round silver disc ?? To me that silver disc looks like it has seen a lot of artifical wear !

Best Regards,

Joe

Reverse of the fake. Note the very poorly defined points on the longest rays of the star. Again, compare with the well defined points on the original.

Hi All

Thankyou for the time and interest.

Cheers

Dion