News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well, I've finally started to learn Russian. I've wanted to do this from the time I started collecting Soviet ODMs. It's a Russian Immersion Course from Rosetta Stone. The U.S. Government, military and big business use Rosetta Stone software. Right now it's slow going. :speechless: However, I am determined to learn to read, write and speak Russian.

:beer: Doc

Well, I've finally started to learn Russian. I've wanted to do this from the time I started collecting Soviet ODMs. It's a Russian Immersion Course from Rosetta Stone. The U.S. Government, military and big business use Rosetta Stone software. Right now it's slow going. :speechless: However, I am determined to learn to read, write and speak Russian.

:beer: Doc

Hey Doc!

Good luck to you.

When I was courting my (Ukrainian) wife, she bought me a few (Russian language) children's books to study; one's that are used in to help teach (relative to our kindergarten/first & second grade age) children there. They were extremely helpful to me in learning the basic alphabet and how to pronounce most of the sounds of the letters.

I was reading words with and sounding them out pretty good in no time... However, translating their meaning into English and tying them together grammatically was another story.

:rolleyes:

See if you can get your hands on one or two of these books...

Dear Doc,

almost 20 years ago I started for 3 month to learn Russian with a private teacher from the Russian Cultural Institute in Vienna and in a small group with 3 other comrades. Well, it went on rather fast and we got a basic knowledge within short time :D . Pronounciation had been rather tricky and difficult for us :blush: .

I assume, that the Russian Cultural Institutes - attached to the embassies - still have execellent books and material for learning the language.

Best regards :beer:

Christian