News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal from India with unidentified ribbon

Brian Wolfe

Hello everyone,

I just received a Police Special Duty with a Punjab bar. The topic title may be a bit misleading as the medal came from a seller in England while the medal originated in India. I didn't show the medal as I am sure this is the wrong ribbon and I didn't want to take the chance of confusing anyone as to the correct medal for the ribbon (and vice versa).

The ribbon has white boarders then two navy blue stripes with a central stripe of crimson. The material has a very synthetic (I hope that is the correct spelling) feel to it and looks quite modern in manufacture. When the light is just "right" the navy blue stripes look steel blue, almost charcoal, in colour.

Anyone hazard a guess as to what the ribbon is?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian

The ribbon is either for the Indian Police Medal (1932-40), The Indian Police Medal for Meritorious Service (1940-50), or the Police Medal for Meritorious Service (1950--). Seems to be a modern manufacture.

I hear there's a book coming that will help you disentange these after 1947. :P

One variety of the post-1947 medal:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

HI Ed,

:lol: Stupid Police Medal :lol:

I've read some of your other posts regarding the police medal and I could not help but to laugh when I read this one.

I don't have a ribbon for this medal.

I'll PM you regarding it.

Many thanks and again thanks for the laugh.

Cheers :cheers:

Brian