News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is a "Hatarorseg" (bordergurad) from 1948-1949. He is wearing a bit of a transition uniform as he has the white underlay of the collar tabs - I dont have my reserach right here with me - but I believe that his tabs are actualy green (?) but a rusty memory also says that some were red (???) - The badge that he wears on the breast pocket is the Hatar Vadasz - or Border Hunter badge - dont get exicted - everyone in the Borderguards got one in bronze class - there was also a silver and gold class that was determined by the number of contraband or illegal immigrants or escapees that one caught - the gold class could also be awarded as a 'commemorative' piece as the Minister of Defence was in 1948. The badge above the pocket looks like it is probably a May Day piece - but nothing 'official'.

Edited by hunyadi