News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Teachers & Preachers

Guest Rick Research

After seeing this little gem which came by on a visit to be Epson'd today, no one should ever undervalue teachers again. :catjava:

Awarded annually on Christmas Eve from 1913 to 1917, Saxe-Altenburg made exactly 447 awards of this decoration for civil servants with 25 years of service to the state or church:

444 were awarded to men, of whom 142 were teachers and 105 clergymen or church functionaries

3 were awarded to women, of whom 2 were teachers

there were also large blocks of awards to court employess and tax collecting types.

Most, but not all, were the sort of obscure minions of the state who fell through the cracks on collecting the Orders & Decorations luckier civil servants got on THEIR significant jubilees.

I think the only other one of these I've seen has been here too.

That is one of my favorite civilian enamelled German decorations ever!!! :love::love::love: It's so rare to find on the market... you see one of these once in a while... maybe once a year or even less.

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio