News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Did Godet make any KM badges? Did they make any war badges at all?

thanks

D

I've yet to see a Godet marked KM badge I believed was original. The "21" and L/50 marks have of course been widely mis-used, applied to fakes and also applied to originally unmarked genuine pieces in a bid to boost their value.

I have added this to my destroyer thread, but what about this from Internationales Militaria-Magazin, Nr. 67, Dez/Feb 1992, pages 36 & 37 (courtesy Mike Kenny)

The problem with IMM is that although it has developed over the years into quite an attractive, well laid out magazine, many of its "Herstellervergleich" type articles have included some real howlers of fakes, coupled especially in the earlier issues, with fairly poor quality photos. I wouldn't take inclusion on an IMM article as convincing proof.

Bearing in mind Godet was not just a run-of-the-mill badge making firm but an "Ordensjuwelier" and the Court Jeweller to the Prussian Kings. I don't see them churning out cheap, mediocre quality misshapen zinky junk

Bearing in mind Godet was not just a run-of-the-mill badge making firm but an "Ordensjuwelier" and the Court Jeweller to the Prussian Kings. I don't see them churning out cheap, mediocre quality misshapen zinky junk

That was my thought also. Thanks for everyones time.