News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

plain medals are just as sexy as the enamelled ones

Hi!!

I have been examining all my stuff & have decided that the plain medals like the long service & the defence & the anniversary ones are just as nice and pretty as the fanciful orders. I have always been lured to the orders, but now i am being taken from them by the plain medals. I always worry to much about the orders; how to prevent them from getting damaged; how to store them etc.... The medals are easy to look after, they dont break, they dont look valuable (& thus theives will tend to ignore them for the more valuable looking ones). I worry about framing the orders in case they fall from the wall & break; or a peice of scum breaks in & thinks it is valuable (or a corrupt workman). The medals are just less stress. The orders are like teenage girls where you have to worry about them being raped or getting pregnant or being led astray by young rebels. The plain medals are like a son; just worry that he will not get too drunk & not be able to fight back!!!! Orders are complicated & pretty & prone to damage if not treated with love & respect; the plain medals can be dropped & trodden on but they usually stay in good shape .

Am i making sense?

:speechless: I think that you are missing out on the stunning enamled Orders and medals. I have both in my collection and have no problem with storing them. Also, with the exception of the Bravery Medal and the Medal for Combat Service, you are missing out on the grand world of research of these orders and medals. However, if this is your niche...then I wish you all the best in your collecting.

:beer: Doc

I got plenty of orders with all their beauty; but i just worry about them all the time. I live on a council estate where there is a lot of druggy types & if they even see me in a medal shop (my main dealer has a big problem with drug theives) they will follow me home & break in. If they only see plain medals they may be dumb enough to think that they are too plain to be valuable!!!!!! All my stuff is in a secure safe; but these freaks can be clever & brutal, as i have discovered in the past when a gang broke in & pummelled me (they stole a bottle of whiskey & a load of records worth hundreds!!!!!). I am always worried about the enamel breaking when i move houses too!!!! I never stay in one place too long; My dad was a career soldier & thus i have been moving around since birth; i cannot stay anywhere more than 4 years or i go barmy. I do love the orders, i just worry about them getting stolen or damaged. I have so many that i seem to be contradicting myself; the soviet military merit medals are a speciality; i have 28 of them, all different in some way even down to just the ribbon 'shades'!!! From the 1st type to the last, with about 5 varying ribbon shades.