News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello folks,

It was recommended to me on the WA forum to post U-boat related topics on this venue. I recently purchased a U-boat document group, and wanted some experienced hands to review it and let me know if there are any issues.

Here they are - thanks for the help in advance. Regards, Robert

Hi Robert,

Superb set. Don't see any problems with this at all. Trying to make out the awards that are listed on the little typewritten Bescheinigung, and there appears to be another award listed between E.K.I and U.B. Fr. Sp.. Difficult to make out what it is from the photo. Can you tell ?

The reason I ask is that the first three letters look like Jap. As Kuch's boat, U-188 operated out of Japanese occupied Penang, I wonder if this relates to some form of Japanese award ?

I'm sure Wolfgang (Monsun) will be interested to see this group.

Gentlemen, thanks for the reassurance on the group. The entry in question is Jap. Er. Med, and I hand't even noticed it - he doesn't seem to be wearing anything odd in his 1944 photo. s/f Robert

Hi again Monsun,

Very interesting information & pictures. Thank you for telling us these.

One thing that i forgot to ask you before is , if you have encountered these commemorative medallion & badge. See picture below.

Ive posted the medallion before but prehaps you might have overlooked it.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11197&hl=ibrahim

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore.

Edited by Ibrahim Ahmad