News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Third Reich Ribbon Bar

Here's a nicve ribbon bar I've had for years now. I found it in a box with some 3rd Reich medals I have from the days when I had lots of 3rd Reich uniforms on display.

Nice variety of bravery and campaign awards.

Dumb questions . . .

Shouldn't the KVK be after the EK2 instead of the Eastern Front?

The last one looks to be the Bulgarian Medal of Valor - a WW1 award?

I could very well be wrong :banger:

Let me take a picture. I'll return shortly. Rick, you've probably seen this one before...

Let me take a picture. I'll return shortly. Rick, you've probably seen this one before...

I'm working with a digital camera and though I'm getting better I still have a long way to go. Sorry...

I'm working with a digital camera and though I'm getting better I still have a long way to go. Sorry...

The bar looks much better in hand. The photo make the ribbons look out of alignment but to my poor eyes it looks good.

Guest Rick Research

Ah, rats! I should have realized it was a tabby-- that's why each ribbon is not "flush" across top and bottom.

Yes, the KVK2X should be ahead of the 41/42 East Medal, but I see no evidence of tampering. It's how he wore it, so I'd leave it that way... not ONLY because the nickled steel tabbies break off if twiddled with after 60 years but because maybe if you get lucky you'll find a photo of it being worn that way and then the mispalced ribbons will be an absolute ID.

Last ribbon is the generic "war ribbon" for Bulgarian awards in both world wars. Silver swords aren't terribly helpful, since no way to tell if there was also a crown to the class of award being represented. It could be the Military Merit Order/Cross, or the Bravery Order/Soldiers Cross for Bravery.

I was hoping for a uniform colored backing, but no such luck.

Assuming you've blacklighted this Charles, and the memel ribbon etc do not glow bright electric blue on the white stripes, what you have is either

1) a lucky "visiting sailor" trucked in for BOTH the Sudeten 1938 and Prague 1939 and then Memel--

that being very much the key here, being 50/50 naval/army or

far far FAR more likely with these three "flowers campaign" awards, the Bulgarian (Greek campaign 1941) and then Russia

2) a member of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler who was NOT in for the March 1938 Austrian Anschluss medal.

Classic LSSAH combination. :cheers:

a member of the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler who was NOT in for the March 1938 Austrian Anschluss medal.

Classic LSSAH combination. :cheers:

Black light view looks good.

You're doing remarkably well with that camera! :beer:

Thanks Rick,

This bar's a keeper... :jumping:

I'm glad I saved this one. I sold off most of the other 3rd reich bars.