News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Stogieman:

This group is unusual in that the Albert Order 1st Class with Crown and Swords (a relatively high order awarded to Officers with the rank of Major, Hauptmann, and Oberstleutnant, etc.) seems to have been paired with a Second Class Landwehr Long Service Award. This is a highly unlikely combination, so it is likely that the group is not original, although the components appear to be.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Agreed. Highly unuusal grade of the Albert Order to be a solo award. But, isn't the Landwehr medal for reserves? I have this tickle in the back of my head.... some officers actually received that medal. Does this change your thoughts?

And yes, I concur that the shown pieces are original, despite the poor quality of the images... This grade of the AO has all but dried up these past few years... the bar sold for a respectable 900+ Euro (~$1200USD). About 20% more than I would have "valued" an AO-RKmdKuS.

The other pieces on the bar are "relatively insignificant"n speaking strictly value-wise as opposed to the AO.

How do you read that?

Guest Rick Research

It actually looks as if an SA3aX would have fit there very nicely for a Hauptmann/Rittmeister dR/dL

It actually looks as if an SA3aX would have fit there very nicely for a Hauptmann/Rittmeister dR/dL

I agree. Especially since this is a bar made after 1934. The soldier was already awarded with the albert with crown.

But keep in mind that the crown was awarded in larger number to the likes of a Major rank during WWI. Mostly for retirement during the war. Hence the combination is possible. I used to own a similar bar with the addition of a Griffin order knight.

Edited by medalnet

Guest Rick Research

Pretty ribbon bar. UGLY medal bar. :catjava:

I suppose there was no place HIGHER to mount the clips...

but then were that my group, I'd have chosen a more h?bsch mounting and not had my prize dangling underneath with its lower arm hanging out like that. Eeewwww. What did these people SEE when they looked in a mirror with uggers like that? :speechless:

Probably a Captain with two wartime awards of the SA3a, then. Given how few Merit Orders were given out in the SV3aX grade, a crown to an SA3aX would have been more routine.

The original owner is long gone, but his ugly ugly ugggggggggggggggggggly medal bar remains.

A Fashion Mistake is... forever. :speechless1: