News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Which long service medal would go on this bar?

Guest Rick Research

Well, you've got an officer, so that would limit it to either the XXV or Reserve XX/LD2 Medal.

First clip in an EK2 and see what the measurement comes up with from how its ring sits in the clip to the bottom edge of the Iron Crosss. That's where the other two awards will/should line up as well. That will tell you which grade of Friedrichs Order was on there as well.

No clip on the center ribbon for that? I wouldn't expect one, what with their WEIRD retention of the old-fashioned "Commander grade" type loop open at the SIDES rather than a normal ring. :banger: That must have been a sewn in award? But a Knight 1st X and Knight 2nd X will line up at different levels too.

Oh Jason,

I am sorry but I have forgotten to tell you the right medals.... I had another big medal bar that came together with this group but unfortunately along with many other things have been stolen on that very very black 27/11 last year.......... :violent::angry::violent::angry::violent::angry::violent:

The right medals for your bar is the LD2 medal and the Friedrichorder knight 2 X

Should be no problem completing the bar...

all the best

Heiko

The right medals for your bar is the LD2 medal and the Friedrichorder knight 2 X

This would have been my best guess, right to know it is even correct.

:jumping:

Might you be so kind to post an image of the reverse? I think I've seen one from the same "Ordensspangen-Schneider" before. :P

Phew! Thanks Heiko, that'll help me out. A Friedrich Order knight 2 is a bit more within my spending budget!!!! :rolleyes:

I'll put up a pic of the reverse tonight Saschaw!

cheers Jason