News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification Please Dagger #2

sftrooper86

• 2 months later...

I know nothing at all about daggers but there was a discussion on another forum very recently about Italian Fascist daggers and fantasy pieces and it seems to me without checking that the piece in question there was similar to if not the same as the one you've shown. Check out www.wehrmacht-awards.com, under "International Militaria Forum".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings if this turns out to be a fake! :(

Peter

I know nothing at all about daggers but there was a discussion on another forum very recently about Italian Fascist daggers and fantasy pieces and it seems to me without checking that the piece in question there was similar to if not the same as the one you've shown. Check out www.wehrmacht-awards.com, under "International Militaria Forum".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings if this turns out to be a fake! :(

Peter

I have seen this dagger and I do not believe it to be a fake! If possable I will submit link!

heck this site out!

Italian Fascist Dagger with Hanger (Item I-FAS 1-6)

DESCRIPTION: Here is the classic M.V.S.N. Model 1937 dress dagger with double chain hanger and the gold and black portepee like the Model 1932. The Model 1937 grip is unusual in that its features face the trailing edge rather than the more normal leading edge. The face of the belt snap has a large Roman eagle outlined in black paint over the letters ?SPQR,? Senatus Populus Que Romanus, (For the Senate and the People of Rome). The ?MVSN,? Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale, (Volunteer Militia for National Security) is more commonly called the ?Black Shirts.? This dagger is in excellent plus condition. It was worn of course, but never abused. The blade is mint! The gold-plated scabbard tip is tarnished to a small degree; however, this does not detract from the overall beauty of this rare and historically important Fascist weapon. Length in scabbard is 14 inches. Very few of these ever show up.

http://www.germaniainternational.com/italy.html

Edited by bsweeney

I have seen this dagger and I do not believe it to be a fake! If possable I will submit link!

heck this site out!

Italian Fascist Dagger with Hanger (Item I-FAS 1-6)

DESCRIPTION: Here is the classic M.V.S.N. Model 1937 dress dagger with double chain hanger and the gold and black portepee like the Model 1932. The Model 1937 grip is unusual in that its features face the trailing edge rather than the more normal leading edge. The face of the belt snap has a large Roman eagle outlined in black paint over the letters ?SPQR,? Senatus Populus Que Romanus, (For the Senate and the People of Rome). The ?MVSN,? Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale, (Volunteer Militia for National Security) is more commonly called the ?Black Shirts.? This dagger is in excellent plus condition. It was worn of course, but never abused. The blade is mint! The gold-plated scabbard tip is tarnished to a small degree; however, this does not detract from the overall beauty of this rare and historically important Fascist weapon. Length in scabbard is 14 inches. Very few of these ever show up.

http://www.germaniainternational.com/italy.html

Thank you!

You are correct, it is the leaders dagger!

Happy Hunting!

Vince