News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A ribbon bar for Rick

Guest Rick Research

That is one weird "cavalry style" sew on! Zoom in on his shoulder boards? The Beamter type tabs are baffling me with what looks like some sort of artillery boards.

... yes he is from the "Rechnungsabteilung". Best regards. Jens

"Lieber Herr Hess! Warschau, 24.10.18

Besten dank fuer Ihre interessante Mitteilung, dass

Sie eine Fliegerbombe ins Haus bekommen hatten tut mit sehr

leid. Hoffentlich ist der Schaden durch Versicherung gedeckt . Sie

sind doch der Heimat jetzt naeher und koennen noch oefter mal nach

dem rechten sehen. u. seit 2 Monaten habe ich die Personalien(?) -

eine der wichtigsten Posten der Behoerde - u. vertrete oefters den

Chef in der Rechnungsabteilung (jetzt wird es 5 Wochen). Meine Stel-

lung ist hier ein ganz andere als in der ungluecklichen Truppe R.(?).

Viel Arbeit, aber interessante und vielseitige. Angenehmer Gel.(egenheit?) keine

Willkuer und Vergewaltigung, aber .... wird ..... ........

kommen - f?r die Feinde(?) nicht ganz so gut und f?r uns nicht ganz

so schlecht, als es jetzt .... ..... . Gruesse .... ..... ...... ..... ..... !

Herzl. Gruesse v.(on) Ihrem Riedel (?)"

Guest Rick Research

EXCELLENT job! :cheers: I couldn't read the message because the contrast was too washed out for my bad vision.

This identifies him therefore as

Saxon Oberintendantur-Registrator Richard Riedel, born 1868. In the Saxon military service since 1886.

Intendantur Registrator 1.4.02 A

Saxon Albert Order-Knight 2nd Class with Swords (SA3bX) 20 July 1915 as Feldintendantur Sekret?r in XIXth Army Corps--

note that there is no sign of Xs on his first ribbon! :speechless1::speechless1:

Next his EK2, then switching from 15mm ribbons to a 25mm one, a Saxon military Long Service award (he ended up with the XXV after the war, but this must be a ? IX from his time as a noncommissioned official-- he was not a Reserve officer) leaving still a mystery--

what is the LAST ribbon, which looks like the peacetime ribbon for a Friedrich August Medal or an award from the Principality of Hohenzollern (not WW1 with Xs :banger: ) and is not listed in the Intendantur Ehren Rangliste:

Riedel was Feldintendantur Sekret?r on the staff of XIX. AK from outbreak of the war until 23.9.16-- then staff of Etappen Inspektion Armee Abteilung "A," and finally from 9.7.17 on staff of the Armeeintendant General Gouvernment Warschau.

In 1929 he was a Zoll-Inspektor in Leipzig-Gohlis, living at Lothringerstra?e 93.

CRIKEY! THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!

I tip my hat to you chaps-I just thought it looked like an interesting cavalry ribbon bar on a Beamter-I hadn't the foggiest you'd actually find him.

Thanks for the work. I owe you one.

I Love the "sorry about the bomb hitting your house" comment!