News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sometimes Lady Lucky smiles to you

Douglas Jr.

Hello folks,

Where I live there are no miltaria/gun shows or anything similar so you must to rely on your networking to find new pieces for your collection. Well, one of my "contacts" has a table in a local Flea Market, and a few days ago, he called me and ask me to come to see him because the had a "Mauser that might be of my interest". He told me also,to "do not expect too much 'cause it was badly reblued...".

I went to the Flea Market anyway just to check what he had. Took the parcel and went to my parked car to examed. I confess that, as my expectancy was so low, I almost fainted when I pull this one off the plastic.

It is a six-shot conehammer, serial number 14xxx. It came with a stock but I can't say if it original to the gun (no serial number stamped) but it is an original pre-WWI stock.

I know, I know, it was reblued. But I just took it in a trade for some militaria items: in fact four German medal bars correponding to a total amount of c. US$ 450.00 - and the deal also included a mismatching 1906 Commercial Luger.So, when I looked in the Net to see how much one of these worth, I think I made a good deal.

As I said, sometimes Lady Luck smiles to you...

I think it is a good restoration project, as the gun is matching and most of the marks are still visible, but I would like to hear from you guys how I should proceed to give it a better look.

Greetings,

Douglas.

Edited by Douglas Jr.

• 1 month later...

I think that this is the first broom handle posted on this forum. Is the bluing all original?

Paul,

The bluing is not original. But I?m planning to start a restoration project. The gun is so rare that it is highly recommended to do such thing.

Is this the first Broomhandle around here? I will take care of this! ;)

Greetings,

Douglas.

• 2 weeks later...

I look forward to seeing more!! :jumping: What is the ribbon bar in your avatar?

Sorry for my late reply as I only see your question now!:speechless:

The ribbon bar is for a Brazilian WWII Fighting Veteran Association medal which was awarded to me (together with two other fellows) for helping to preserve the memory of their combat story.

I must say that I'm very proud of it! :D

I will take some shots of other Brooms and post here.

Douglas