News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:Cat-Scratch:

Hallo, Is there anyone who knows how many RAO 1st class that was given before WW 1? <1910

The reason is that I just read a Swedish Ranglist from 1910 and found 3 Swedish Officers with

RAO 1st class and one with 1st class with brillianten.

Also found 1 2nd class stern + brillianten

1 2nd class stern

1 2nd class brillianten

and 9 more 2nd class RAOs and of course a lot of 3rd class and 4th class

I think the Swedish military had a lot of contact with Germany before 1WW.

Christer

Guest Rick Research

The late Eric Ludvigsen's ststistical study of all Prussian Orders from 1810-1913 gives the figures below. He divided them into two sections, since from 1810 to 1855 the figures were incomplete. These numbers are from 1856 to 1913, but MAY be ONLY for Germans. I do not know if foreigners were included

RAO1mBril = 115

RAO1 = 433

RAO2mBrill&St = 1 (in 1869 so this is why I wonder if foreigners were NOT counted)

RAO2mBrill = 50

RAO2mSt = 13

There wre MANY different types and varieties of Red Eagle Orders, since for all Prussians and most German recipienst, promotions in grades meant receiving one "mit Eichenlaub" and so on. Those are NOT counted above. It took seven sets of charts to type all the possible combinations across the pages in Eric's study of annual award numbers by type.