News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

For Mastering the Equipment

Quoted from http://www.collectrussia.com/DISPITEM.HTM?ITEM=17623 --

For Mastering the Equipment (ZOT), 1934-35. . . .

Cogwheel shaped badge with white border and red center, and superimposed portrait of Stalin. The motto along the upper part is "Equipment is the key to everything during the reconstruction period".

This slogan was coined by Stalin in 1931, at the time when Soviet Union was buying massive amounts of machinery in the US and Europe for its fledgling industrialization program. Later as equipment became plentiful, this slogan was replaced with the "Personnel is the key to everything" . . . .

Guest Rick Research

Document awards the "ZOT" badge to Comr. I. A. Nasenik as a shockworker (Udarnik) in mastering technology, having passed the social-technological examination as "excellent" (Otlichnik) for standards in realizing production work skills.

Awarded badge # 132,081 on 3 October 1934 with the examining board's file numbers, and signed by its President and Secretary.

But I can't read the stamp-- too small and light.

Guest Rick Research

Upper flat stamp is in Russian, and by squinting I get Upravlenniye Svyazi Kieva = Management of Signals/Communications of Kiev.

Round stamp is typically fading away. Center of it is in Ukrainian, for Kiev Province Soviet, but outer rim is in Russian (just to confuse things) and all I get is on left-- "...All-Union...." (Vsesoyuziye) and then at top down something in quotes ("For...") that is probably the name of a factory or organization.