News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bulgarian Communist Era?

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

I post the following pictures for comment, the items belong to a friend here in Deva,

All thats known is the bridge depicted is at CERNAVODA on the Romanian - Bulgarian Border.

It appears to be made in Bronze.

The mini is in a brass like material.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

I post the following pictures for comment, the items belong to a friend here in Deva,

post-950-1191086183.jpg

All thats known is the bridge depicted is at CERNAVODA on the Romanian - Bulgarian Border.

Hi Kevin!

Cernavoda is NOT on the Romanian-Bulgarian border. The badge might however refer to the Giurgiu-Rousse Friendship Bridge that is on the Romanian-Bulgarian border.

800px-Rousse-Giurgiu_Bridge.jpg

Hallo Carol 1, :beer:

the information was supplied by a "native" Romanian :P with regards the bridge and CERNAVODA, maybe HE had better brush up on HIS Romanian geography :lol:

I believe he also said the word on the top of the badge, is pronounced RUSS :unsure:

It would be interesting to find out if the badge has any conection to the Bulgarian Border Posts mentioned in the link you gave?

The Giurgiu-Rousse Friendship Bridge also has border control stations due to it serving as a border crossing between the two countries. Since 1 January 2007 there is no more customs control and the passport/identity card control is done "on one desk" by Bulgarian or Romanian border police, because it is an internal border for the European Union. Border control will be completely removed when Bulgaria and Romania implement the Schengen Agreement which is expected to happen in 2009.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

the information was supplied by a "native" Romanian :P with regards the bridge and CERNAVODA, maybe HE had better brush up on HIS Romanian geography :lol:

He probably should... :rolleyes:

I believe he also said the word on the top of the badge, is pronounced RUSS :unsure:

The name of the Bulgarian town is sometimes spelt "Ruse", so he probably was not that far off on this one.