News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Australian or British Uniform?

Looked at this tunic today and what caught my eye was the RVN service medal and another ribbon that I am not familiar with. Then I noticed the para badge on the shoulder. My guess is Australian? The buttons have what looks like a horse surmounted on a lightning flash with a crown at the top? As far as I can see everything is original and untouched to the tunic - so the RVN ribbon is of interest to me - but I would like to know what I am getting beofre I get it - any help is greatly apreaciated. Sorry for my ignorance in this area. Udv!

I would take it the first ribbon is for a British Expiditionary Force to Vietnam?

Not British . . . issued to the 50,000 Australian and New Zealand troops who served in Vietnam from 1964 to 1973

Established in 1968 and called The Vietnam Medal

Yup, a para qualified CPL in RAEME with the two Australian ribbons for Vietnam service, he would now be entitled to

the Aust. Active Service Medal 1945-75, and the Aust Defence Medal also, this tunic is now superceded by new

rank badges which came in during the early 1990's. Tunic is missing it's lanyard and collar badges.

Bob

(Actually the green and white ribbon is SVN awarded).

Edited by Bob Lyons

• 2 weeks later...