News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello again gents, another unknown item has arrived! It was described as German 1909 medal, the pictures aren't the best but I hope they will suffice. If not, tomorrow morning I am off to my printers to get some new business cards made, and am taking most of my medals to have them scanned by the printer, who will burn them to a disc or put them on a memory stick for me, so hopefully they will all be on here soon! Is this the Kaiser and the Franz Joseph (?), it looks like German writing on the back on top and maybe Hungarian on the bottom?

The reverse seems to be in Hungarian. Possibly related to the War of Insurrection against Napoleon when Hungary, then a separate kingdom, joined forces with Austria.

Edited by Tom Y

The reverse is in german and czechoslovakian and reads: Zur Erinnerung a.d. Kaiserman?ver bei Gr. Meseritsch in M?hren 1909

Commeorating the Emperors-Maneuver near Gro? Meseritsch in Moravia 1909.

This austrian-hungarian Maneuver took place from 8-10th September 1909

haynau

Guest Rick Research

III. Armeekorps/Hof i/B refers to the Royal BAVARIAN army's IIIrd Army Corps, not the Prussian IIIrd Army Corps.

All of these are souvenir medals. There are no "official" names for such items.