News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Baa'th Party service Order "7 NISAN"

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Baa'th Party service Order "7 NISAN"

Ba'ath Party Medal?/7 Nisan

While I was in Iraq, I lived in many of the Republic of Iraq buildings. The one that I will always remember is Michle Aflaq's Tomb which is in the GREEN ZONE at the end of F.O.B UNION III. I lived in the tomb with Apache Troop 8-10 CAV for our second tour in Iraq. We had a weight lifting type gym set up in the center of the tomb. My room was right across from the white marble resting place of Michle Aflaq. This is how I found my wooden photos of Michel Aflaq.

I noticed on this one a Ba'ath Party member was wearing a Ba'ath Party Medal. The photos were hidden behind a large book shelf. An Iraqi friend of mine, told me that they hung up in the masalium for his rememberence for others to come and see.

I seen many types of this medal, some made out of real gold which were thicker and heavier. Other copies had more roots and some with less roots. I don't know much about them but would like to start a thread on the Fourm for the knowledge to be shared.

I have two different types in my collection. ????? comes in a white or red plastic box and a clear top cover. On the back side it says order of 7 Nisan.

From 91-now Saddam's medals for war and service to his pepole were made cheap.

Ba'ath Party Medal?/7 Nisan

Its written in Arabic the following:

Produced by

17 Nissan General Company

Factory of Orders and Medals

Party Badge

Made in Iraq

• 1 month later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2007/post-3750-1198336908.jpgI just thought people may be interested in seeing the 1980's version of the Ba'athist party medal made from 22k gold. It is very nice with lots of detail. Sherry

Thank you so much for posting your picture of the Ba'ath Party Medal: Its a very beautiful piece and very rare. It must of been awarded to a high ranking Ba'athist Party Member.

Thank you so much for posting your picture of the Ba'ath Party Medal: Its a very beautiful piece and very rare. It must of been awarded to a high ranking Ba'athist Party Member.

Hi Lorenzo, Thanks for the reply. I justed wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I don't know if you saw my request for the weight of your Quadissiyah Order or not--but if you have a minute to weigh it and relay it to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Sherry :beer:

Christmas greetings to you both. For your information there is one of these party badges for sale in London at the staggering price of Pounds Sterling 1,950 - this is, to my mind somewhat excessive - even for the gold value! The accompanying info states that it is for 25 years servce but that as many were sold (melted down) for their gold value that the "cheap" version was instituted - just as likely is the fact that the invasion/liberation of Kuwait intervened and the goverment had to, as with other awards, have them made locally.

Regards,

Owain

Owain

Thank you so much for the extra information; I learn so much from your posts. That is very high priced "wow". Let me know if it sales for that price, do you have the website where the Medal is being sold. I would like to view it and the quailty of the Order they are selling.

Merry Christmas

God Bless

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Have a look at www.armoury.co.uk - they always have very nice pieces but as this shop is in the centre of London's west end the prices are, to say the least, ambitious. Well I suppose that they have very high overheads. To my mind the sale price should be less than half of this, say at $2,000 at the very most.

Owain

Wow That Price (M11) Price: ?1750 (GBP) = $3474.98 U.S Dollars

Man Sherry you beter not loose that one:

Thank you for sharing the website Owain:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 1 year later...
    Guest IMHF

Have a look at www.armoury.co.uk - they always have very nice pieces but as this shop is in the centre of London's west end the prices are, to say the least, ambitious. Well I suppose that they have very high overheads. To my mind the sale price should be less than half of this, say at $2,000 at the very most.

Owain

This medal sold last year do you know who bought this beauty??????????

Lorenzo