News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DK Halbetui Style Case - Opinions Sought

Hello

I have in my collection a halbetui style case, which came with a DKiG. I have carried out searches in various places and found a couple of similar cases, but the views on these are mixed, with some feeling these are genuine wartime and others that they may be post war, (provided with the 57 re-issue badges etc and possibly using some wartime parts), or assembled post war using wartime parts, (how can anyone tell the difference?). It appears that most agree that halbetui cases were used for DKs during the war, the disagreement being over the exact style.

The case is UV negative, and 'smells old', if you know what I mean. Although not by any means indicative of anything, it uses what appears to be the old animal glue - and smells like it too !! The underside of the base on which the DK sits has the impression marks around the pin cut out. This case has a small pin which appears to assist in holding the interior base that the cross sits on on place, (as can be seen in the photo of the front below).

Any thoughts, comments or observations warmly welcomed.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by DavidM

Hello

Just to add to this, following a suggestion made to me by another collector, I have very carefully peeled back the interior base covering and on the lower left and lower right of the underside of the interior base there are the marks 637.KB. I have attached a photo showing this, (sorry, not the best pictures but I've had to take it using flash, as it's dark here in the UK now. This is a close in of the right hand side).

Does this help?

Edited by DavidM

• 3 weeks later...