News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 weeks later...

These where found in the salty northsee Rob.The Belgian coast is litterd with wrecks

from WWI and WWII.As to the condition of the finds.If thy are in de mud the oxygen in the water

has no grip on them and the mud act as a cocoon protecting the artefacts.Even clothing is protected.

If its on top of the bottom thats another thing and exposed to the water its eaten allive in our cold northsee.

The buckle is a Weimar (not TR) buckle used by the navy....Hard to say who the maker would be. Most are not stamped on the reverse. Is this example? If so, let me know and I could tell you who made it. It is surprising that this type of buckle would have been on a ship that sank post-43 though....were these all found at the same spot,same wreck?

Cheers!

Rob

Al these come of the same wreck.The buckle has no makers mark.As for

the finding of the buckle in this wreck,there is no surprise.Many of the ships like kriegfishkutters or

vorpostenboote used by the kriegsmarine

where mand by older personel who served in pre war time in the merchand navy and reichsmarine.

The uniforms where first given to the crews of the "real figthing ships" so the crews on the boats

not so important had to waith.The crews on these kutters where a mix of everything.Even man of

the regular army served on them if thy where no good to go in the first lines.

What is TR Rob?

vince