News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medal identification request

Hendrik

Hello Gents,

I was sent a picture of an American in civil clothing wearing the medal in the picture below ... the wearer was born in 1850 and it's assumed the picture dates from 1875-1880 or thereabouts. He lived in Mississippi throughout his life.

Any information on this medal would be helpful !

Thanks & regards,

Hendrik

Hello Gents,

I was sent a picture of an American in civil clothing wearing the medal in the picture below ... the wearer was born in 1850 and it's assumed the picture dates from 1875-1880 or thereabouts. He lived in Mississippi throughout his life.

Any information on this medal would be helpful !

Thanks & regards,

Hendrik

Hendrik,

Given that he is a civilian it would appear that the medal is of the nature of a masonic jewel. Several masonic jewels have used the Star of David (or King Solomon's seal) as all or part of their imagery. Unfotunately the detail is to fuzzy to give it a more precise identification.

All the best,

Paul

Hallo Hendrik :cheers:

unusual to say the least! if its any help the Ose and spange/bar parts seem to be formed from twisted wire! :cheers:

A Masonic Pin??

Kevin in Deva :beer: off to look through his reference files :lol:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hello Paul and Kev,

Thanks for your reactions. My first idea on this medal was "masonic" as well but with the multitude of "american societies" in past or present existance, I wanted to make sure. The picture is indeed fuzzy and one asumes photographic standards in the 1880's weren't all that high :lol: .

If nothing further is found out in this section, I'll post the question in the masonic section of the forum ;)

Cheers,

Hendrik