News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hermman Lang - RKT

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

I received a couple of fairly detailed documents from a interesting source a few days ago. On a chance someone may have some "further" information on this fellow (above and beyond the standard RKT info), I received a reply.

I don't have anything more than the 1957 RK from this man's estate. However, the information is pretty detailed.

Here is the previous Post of his RK:

<a href="http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3613" target="_blank">http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3613</a>

Besides the two documents attached below, the source has indicated that more information is available:

QUOTE*

I recall that his file is about 50 pages and includes a small picture, his ranks and promotions, communiques related to his awards, a 3 or 4 page letter of recommendation that I imagine relates his RK, not to mention info on his military, educational, and personal life. It is a nice, legible and fairly comprehensive file.

UNQUOTE*

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: If THAT is the detail that went into a "mere" recommendation for accelerated promotion to major... wow. What must the REST of the file look like? :speechless1:

This is EXACTLY the sort of thing we Old Guys were always told, by German record keepers, did not exist-- "you blew it up in 1945" was the standard, stock answer (like requests for U.S. military files that invariably come back from St. Louis "destroyed in the 1972 fire" i.e. "Don't bother me. I'm accruing pension time, here.")

As an added irony, I believe the ORIGINALS of all these records were sent back to Germany from the U.S. a few years ago, where furnaces have been working overtime

DESTROYING everything ("Destroy Unread" :speechless: ) due to the freakish post-Unifoication "privacy" laws there.

So all that rmeaains are ? microfilm images, however one GETS them?

If there was this sort of information on EVERY officer.... :catjava:

Wat's interesting is that most literature refere to Hermann Lang as receiving the DKiG on 28th November 1942 as Oberleutnant with Radfahr-Abteilung 72. Here can be seen that the award date should have been 1st December 1942 with Aufkl?rungs-Abteilung 72