News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

The insignia you show is the sleeve insignia worn above rank stripes for a Kriegsmarine Sperr branch (W) officer.

Here is an old scan of an Imperial Petty Officer photo like yours--

I'll come back and replace this with a better new one.

Guest Rick Research

This has a Cuxhaven photographer's address on it--

There is no date, but it is inscribed from Claus Sandkamp "and bride" to "my dear friend Paul and bride."

This photo isn't in as good condition as yours-- some water spots and stray ink splots

I'm surprised to see the gun crew specialty above his mine rating

Thanks for the picture Rick!

This is my collection area (mines) and the men who worked with them.

Vince

Wow, I've never seen that insignia. Actually, navy insignia and photos are uncommon in my years of collecting. I don't see much Navy militaria.

ccj,

I live by the see (northsee) and it whas the playground for the german navy

during WWI and WWII.As for my interrest in mines,i work with them on a daily base.

vince

Vince,

Sounds like you have an interesting career. Do you often collect navy items? Imperial and 3rd Reich Navy are areas I've always had interest but I'v never ventured into.

ccj,

Most of my collection is navy related.I have a special interrest in the german navy during WWI and that in the small units who worked allong the Belgian coast.The most known of that period are the submarines and that's where most collectors are found.I am interrested in the small units working in the harbours and on the coast laying and recovering mines and naturely the mines especialy.

vince