News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Police promotion document

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Ahhh, perrrrrfect.

What was throwing me in the tiny version is what he wrote above the "Ob" in "Oberst. Looks like either "Sch" or a "G."

It is, in fact, neither. Typical of messy signatures, it is a "V." :speechless1::banger: The rest is perfectly clear--only the initial is a mutant scribbled THING.

Voelkerling, Werner

born 30 November 1890

Polizei-Oberstleutnant 9.11.37 (married with 1 child in 1941 per that WEIRD Rank List)--

NSDAP member 2,085,474 (1 May 1933)

SS member 314,248

SS Standartenf?hrer 1 May 1942 and Polizei-Oberst (the dates weren't always the same) per 9.11.44 SS Seniority List:

1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class, Hindenburg Cross X, SS Totenkopf ring. Attached nominally to SS Standarte 30 (Bochum)

He's not in the 1938 SS Seniority List, so apparently only granted SS rank when he was promoted to full Police-Colonel.

Ahhh, perrrrrfect.

What was throwing me in the tiny version is what he wrote above the "Ob" in "Oberst. Looks like either "Sch" or a "G."

It is, in fact, neither. Typical of messy signatures, it is a "V." :speechless1::banger: The rest is perfectly clear--only the initial is a mutant scribbled THING.

Voelkerling, Werner

born 30 November 1890

Polizei-Oberstleutnant 9.11.37 (married with 1 child in 1941 per that WEIRD Rank List)--

NSDAP member 2,085,474 (1 May 1933)

SS member 314,248

SS Standartenf?hrer 1 May 1942 and Polizei-Oberst (the dates weren't always the same) per 9.11.44 SS Seniority List:

1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class, Hindenburg Cross X, SS Totenkopf ring. Attached nominally to SS Standarte 30 (Bochum)

He's not in the 1938 SS Seniority List, so apparently only granted SS rank when he was promoted to full Police-Colonel.

Rick, as always you are THE MAN !! thumbsup.gif

Thank You sir !! :rock on:

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore.

And here is his entry as Polizeimajor in the Schupo-Dienstaltersliste Preu?en 1933 (# 270):

Danke webr55 thumbsup.gif

Guys, Any info on this Jakob Korz ??

I really love looking at these promotion document & finding out their history smilewinkgrin.gif

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore

Edited by Ibrahim Ahmad

Guest Rick Research

He was the police equivalent of a Feldwebel, so does not appear in rank lists and so on.

This actually is a position change rather than a rank promotion per se, since he still had one pip on his shoulder boards. But the "Revier" designation makes him the Precinct desk sergeant.

Thanks for the additional info , Rick :)

I also have his nice document folder too.

2170348938_aeffc1ce87_o.jpg

I hope to get another one of these police promotion document so that i can put it as a backdrop to my collection like my other set.

Any of you guys know where i can get another similar document??

2170377850_2bcddedb5a_o.jpg

Cheers,

Ibrahim,

Singapore.