News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two other small medals

Hundtorget

These dont belong to the family and photos that i have asked about earlyer. I dont think they are wery rare but i havent found them in auktionlists or questions about them here. One of them is also in poor quality. But do you know anything of the purpose of these two medallions?

See Wikepedia for details of

Aleksei Alekseevich Brusilov (Russian: Алексе́й Алексе́евич Бруси́лов) (August 19, 1853 ? March 17, 1926) was a Russian cavalry general most noted for the development of a military offensive tactic used in the Brusilov offensive of 1916. His war memoirs were translated into English and published in 1930 as A Soldier's Notebook, 1914?1918.

Thank you.

I understod enough to read out that it was general Brusilov. It is not made in high quality and is it a small medal sold to people who admired Brusilow and not given as award?

The other medallion: Has it a military background or is it something completley diffrent?

• 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

My computer cannot read Russian, so while I can

if it is legible

I can only go by what I can see on the very small, dark, and splotchy scans of that medal--

On the front is only the emperor's name (which I cannot read) with his title "Emperor of All the Russias."

On the back at top is

"To a school pupil" over the initials "V. U. Z." In the center under that is "in memory/as a souvenir" and along the bottom "of unforgettable gratitude."

So it is some sort of school commemorative of SOMETHING that is not specified by anything on the words.