News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Award Decorate Gold

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Award Decorate Gold

This is a line up of a High Iraqi Military Officer or MOD Leader:

This is a very beautiful piece, I received this picture from my Iraqi antique dealer friend:

Owain wrote:

I suspect that this is a unit award of some sort, post 1982 revision of the Iraqi orders system, or indeed a museum display piece, and the awards are from both left to right are as fopllows:

Order of Bravery

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 3rd Class

Order of Wounded

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 2nd Class

Order of the Revolution 1st Class

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 1st Class

Qadissiyah Sword

Order of Rafidain

Qadissiyah Sword

Order of the Mother of Battles 1st Class

Order of the Revolution 2nd Class

Order of the Mother of Battles 2nd Class

Order of Wounded

Order of the Mother of Battles 3rd Class

Order of Bravery.

I cannot confirm whether the Order of the Mother of Battles is indeed present as the obverse is identical to the Order of Qaddisyah Saddam - see my JOMSA article (Sep/Oct 2004) - only the inscription on the reverse was changed after the invasion of Kuwait.

Edited by IMHF

Some of the Awards on the Chain, "Gold"

This is the Dinner party (Mini Medal) for the Order of Sword of Liberation of Fao city 1988. Fao is at the southern end of Basrah city and was Liberated by the Iraqi Army in 17 April 1988.

The First and Second degree Order of This Medal are Swords in Large-sized.

Written on this mini medal in Arabic: Saif Tahreer Al Fao = Sword of the Liberation of Fao.

Edited by IMHF

Order of Bravery

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 3rd Class

Order of Wounded

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 2nd Class

Order of the Revolution 1st Class

Order of Qadissiyah Saddam 1st Class

Qadissiyah Sword

Order of Rafidain

Qadissiyah Sword

Order of the Mother of Battles 1st Class

Order of the Revolution 2nd Class

Order of the Mother of Battles 2nd Class

Order of Wounded

Order of the Mother of Battles 3rd Class

Order of Bravery.

The second badge reads "Qadissiyah Hero" and is probably the same as the Qaddissiyah Sword order on the large chain. I will need to refer to my notes to see if this design matches the Decree description.

Also as the Mother of Battle award is only in one class and the chain is pre-invasion of Kuwait I believe safe to state that the chain only depicts the order of Qadissiyah Saddam

Regards,

Owain

The second badge reads "Qadissiyah Hero" and is probably the same as the Qaddissiyah Sword order on the large chain. I will need to refer to my notes to see if this design matches the Decree description.

Also as the Mother of Battle award is only in one class and the chain is pre-invasion of Kuwait I believe safe to state that the chain only depicts the order of Qadissiyah Saddam

Regards,

Owain

Lorenzo,

The "Qadissiyah Hero" title (& badge) was instituted by the Revolutionary Command Council on 6 April 1986 and awarded by Republican Decree to those who played a heroic role in defending the honour, security and sovreignity of the Iraqi Arab nation. The design of the badge was to be determined by the Presidential Court.

On 11 June the "Qaddisiyah Sword" was instituted and "to be made up of the arms carried by the Martyrs of Qadissiyat Saddam Battle and shall be decorated by the golden ornaments donated by Iraqi women for the support of this battle." There were three degrees of sword: 1.Commander and heroes. 2. & 3. Arabs. Again the design of the swords were to be determined by the Presidential Court.

In the light of this I would suggest that the Fao badge from 1988 is a separate award.

Kind regards,

Owain

• 1 year later...

Lorenzo,

The "Qadissiyah Hero" title (& badge) was instituted by the Revolutionary Command Council on 6 April 1986 and awarded by Republican Decree to those who played a heroic role in defending the honour, security and sovreignity of the Iraqi Arab nation. The design of the badge was to be determined by the Presidential Court.

On 11 June the "Qaddisiyah Sword" was instituted and "to be made up of the arms carried by the Martyrs of Qadissiyat Saddam Battle and shall be decorated by the golden ornaments donated by Iraqi women for the support of this battle." There were three degrees of sword: 1.Commander and heroes. 2. & 3. Arabs. Again the design of the swords were to be determined by the Presidential Court.

In the light of this I would suggest that the Fao badge from 1988 is a separate award.

Kind regards,

Owain

Thank you so much for this awesome information:

Lorenzo