News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I consider this a not too common ribbon bar. It's in worn condition but still nice. This is most likely an NCO bar for the Silver Medal of the Max Joseph Order.

I would like to think this could be ID'd but this is not s rare combination.

Hello Charles:

This is a very nice ribbon bar for an enlisted soldier (NCO). The first position ribbon is for a Bavarian "Bravery Medal" (gold or silver) as it came to be known later in the war. At first, it was officially called the "Milit?r-Verdienst-Medaille" (Military Merit Medal).

Unfortunately, almost everyone who received the first award on your ribbon bar also received the other awards (MVK, EKII, Bavarian long-service award), so it is not possible that this can be identified without some supporting documentation.

Whoever he was, he did something rather important which led to his receiving the "Bravery Medal".

Congratulations on owning such a nice field ribbon bar!

Best regards,

"SPM"