News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Have you got the FULL pages of his citation and service record, and not just these corners?

I only ask because we've just seen a bit of "salting the mine" with false paperwork images added to "improve" a group and am more than a bit jumpy. Seeing a XEROX of the award entry page in the Orders Book (post #8) is making me twitch. That is exactly what we just saw with the Bad Group.

Size...

Must be the settings you are using. Try scanning jpegs at 150dpi and you should get images about 3 times as big.

Sure enough, there he is with a 1948 Gold Star labour type. Must be related to his civilian job, rooting out those beets.

Civilian awards are not researchable in archives, but perhaps knowing where he worked, there might be some sort of way to find it from a Pravda propaganda write up.

Ed?

Guest Rick Research

Whew! :cheers:

This is the first time I've seen CIVILIAN awards earned AFTER military service entered in a military personnel file. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: