News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

With Star and Cresent 1888-90 visit to the Middle East

Guest IMHF

With Star and Crescent Publised 1888-90 visit to the Middle East

Written by: A. Locher

A full and authentic account of a journey with a caravan from Bombay to Constantinople, comprising a description of the country, the people and interesting adventure with the natives.

There is a page in the book, with a sketched picture of a man wearing some Arabic Orders. Does anyone know what they are?

I received this book today in the mail and started to read it and now it has me hooked:

Edited by IMHF

• 2 weeks later...

yes, the commander looks like a Medije and the sash, if going together with the breast star seems to be a Osmanje - so both of ottoman / turkish origin.

Christian

Thank you so much for your information........

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

The order worn around the neck of Ottoman Sultan is Majidi Knight Order 2nd degree, and the Order worn over his shoulder is Osmanie Order (or as named in old turkish "Nishani Osmani"-this can be decided from his breast rose medal).All the medals & orders are Ottoman Turkish. Attached photos for the orders in colors.

Cheers.

The order worn around the neck of Ottoman Sultan is Majidi Knight Order 2nd degree, and the Order worn over his shoulder is Osmanie Order (or as named in old turkish "Nishani Osmani"-this can be decided from his breast rose medal).All the medals & orders are Ottoman Turkish. Attached photos for the orders in colors.

Cheers.

Very great colorful pictures.... Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowldge my friend.

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo