News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

East Bloc / Soviet style POLITICAL OFFICER CADRES

G'day Group. I am a worldwide collector of POLITICAL OFFICER CADRE insignia...

Can anyone in the forum please help me to acquire information about any Political Officers uniform accoutrment, insignia and regalia?

I seek information from Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Albania, North Korea, Mongolia, and any other Soviet satellite during the Cold War period.

What items of insignia was worn by these chaps to distinguish themsleves as such?

Did they do so?

Did they receive special training?

Where? What was awarded to them for this training?

Did they receive any further political specific awards during their service period or career?

Looking forward to any advice, suggestions and information

Drew

• 1 year later...

Hi Drew:

:Cat-Scratch:

There's a LOT of questions there.

Why don't you break it up into country threads as there are a lot of chaps here who can speaking extensively on specific countries' poltical officers. We are especially strong here on Soviet Russian, DDR, Mongolian,Yugoslavia, Hungarian, Bulgarian and Albanian knowledge. WE could use a few more people on Poland, Czechoslovakia and Romania. Of course, the PRC is a vast black hole of ignorance.

Would you be so kind as to post a few of the Hungarian/Czech pages of the manual here? I would love a copy myself.

Ta-

Jeff

G'day Group. I am a worldwide collector of POLITICAL OFFICER CADRE insignia...

Can anyone in the forum please help me to acquire information about any Political Officers uniform accoutrment, insignia and regalia?

I seek information from Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Albania, North Korea, Mongolia, and any other Soviet satellite during the Cold War period.

What items of insignia was worn by these chaps to distinguish themsleves as such?

Did they do so?

Did they receive special training?

Where? What was awarded to them for this training?

Did they receive any further political specific awards during their service period or career?

Looking forward to any advice, suggestions and information

Drew

DREW and JEFF: Email me at: hhbooker2@yahoo.com and get free daily emailed scans of these as well as other militaria ephemera. Here is a page showing the Czechoslovak Army Uniforms and Insignia. I am here to serve my fellow collectors. :Cat-Scratch: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California :catjava:

Hi Drew:

:Cat-Scratch:

There's a LOT of questions there.

Why don't you break it up into country threads as there are a lot of chaps here who can speaking extensively on specific countries' poltical officers. We are especially strong here on Soviet Russian, DDR, Mongolian,Yugoslavia, Hungarian, Bulgarian and Albanian knowledge. WE could use a few more people on Poland, Czechoslovakia and Romania. Of course, the PRC is a vast black hole of ignorance.

Would you be so kind as to post a few of the Hungarian/Czech pages of the manual here? I would love a copy myself.

Ta-

Jeff

DREW and JEFF: As you can see, maybe not see well the type as space is limited here, but the ones I email can easily be read and enjoyed. hhbooker2@yahoo.com (Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California)

very cool-

does it includes medals as well?

JEFF: They show medals and decorations for Bulgaria as seen here and for East Germany (DDR) and Poland, not for the other nations! Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California (Send me an email to hhbooker2@yahoo.com to get a better clearer image!) :Cat-Scratch: