News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DAF/NSBO Tinnie Database

• 5 weeks later...
    • Replies 151
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the info, but I have Tiestes 2 volumes, so no need to post his reference numbers. I am of the mind that they may change anyway when he produces his updated work. There are many more than he has listed so far. I must have 10-15 or so, not in his books.

If you do wish to refer back to earlier posts, please put in the post number. It makes it much easier to find the one you are refering to

Pete

Edited by Wood

Sorry Pete!

I thought you may not have had them as you were unsure of a couple of them, my mistake! When his next series comes out, apparently 2013/14, it should have at least 15,000 listings. However, I don't think you should worry too much about the reference numbers changing, my '94 and '02 Tieste books still carry over with the same classification numbers as the current '06 volumes. I have over 100 non-Tieste pieces, mainly pre-1930. I asked him if he was going to include pre-'30 tinnies next time, and he said he may or he may publish a separate volume to deal with these. I'm thinking of maybe starting a pre-1930 tinnies thread, what do you think about that? Some of mine go back as far as 1877 :)

Hi Troy, I only post badges that I own. Otherwise we could just fill it up with book illustrations.

New thread, Hmmm, difficult as quite a few pre 30's tinnies relate to the Third Reich, and other organisations either pro or anti Facism.

But why not, I think I have posted most of mine in the general tinnie database anyway.

Pete

• 5 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...