News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

U-Boat Badge

Guest Darrell

Well, after a looking for ages I managed to spot a Schwerin U-Boat Badge that took my fancy. Albeit not maker marked, it's a beauty to behold. You don't really appreciate a MINT badge until you get a chance to hold one and look at it in natural light. While a marked one will soon find it's way into the collection, I'm pleased as punch to have this one fill in for the time being. I will try and take some pictures in natural light one of these days to show off it's true sparkle. The below pictures don't really do it justice although they still look pretty good.

Hope you like ....

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

Sure is a beautiful badge. Your photos have managed to capture much of the "glow" that a mint Schwerin's fire gilding emits. Congrats on a terrific acquisition!

All The Best,

Erik

Why thanks Erik :jumping::cheers:

Appreciate the kind words. Someone actually has a pulse around here :rolleyes:

Guest Darrell

Its no secret that I don't like Schwerin U-Boat Badges ( in terms of the design) but you can't fault the firm for the quality of the striking and their fire gilded finish. If you are a Schwerin fan, and many are, they don't come much better than this.

Them's some fugly looking birds on these, but like you say Gordon, the finish is second to none on most Schwerins.

• 4 months later...

Its no secret that I don't like Schwerin U-Boat Badges ( in terms of the design) but you can't fault the firm for the quality of the striking and their fire gilded finish. If you are a Schwerin fan, and many are, they don't come much better than this.

Hi Gordon.

Which is your favorite u boot badge desing? Where can I see pictures of it?

Regads

Edgar

Hi Gordon.

Which is your favorite u boot badge desing? Where can I see pictures of it?

Regads

Edgar

For me, I don't dispute the manufacturing quality of most of Schwerin's products, but without doubt, the U-Boat Badge design believed to be by Juncker is a million times better than Schwerin's.

Compare the eagle with the scrawny chicken like design on Schwerin badges.

For me, I don't dispute the manufacturing quality of most of Schwerin's products, but without doubt, the U-Boat Badge design believed to be by Juncker is a million times better than Schwerin's.

Hello!

Gordon

I love the design. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

Thank you, now I understand, "Chiken like" hehehe they really look like a "LORO." The other 4 KM badges that I own are made by Schwerin, that is why I need a u boot badge by him. That Junker looks beatiful.

Regards

Edgar