News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Urgent Opinions Needed. L/12 Junker EK1?

I picked this item up on a whim during one of those periodical dealer updates. You know the ones where you have to act quick. It's suppose to be a TR era EK1 marked L/12 for Junker. However, another maker comes to mind and I'm not sure about it being a Junker. It doesn't have the characteristic frosting on the beading or the typical generic TR era screw disc. In fact, one of those disc will not even fit on the L/12 marked piece.

I'm hoping to get some opinions on this one. Was a mark added or is this a Junker cross from another era that the company added the mark to? There appears to be some patina in the stamp itself. Does this look like a Junker and does the stamp look legit? I have to make a desicion on this one soon. Thanks, Steve

Juncker? That looks like an "AWS" flatback! As you know I don't go for the 3rd Reich made imperials,but this looks like an AWS variation that you have in your collection! Unfortunately I'm not at home in the moment and far away from my database!

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

Bingo! I recieved that very opinion from Mike Kenny, and when I recieved it it reminded me of that maker also, although no doubt Mike's opinion may have influenced me. I do have an AWS flatback to compare. Of course I never said anything in my post so I would get unbiased opinions, and viola, the first one in is also saying AWS. Thanks Micha. So what do you think of the mark? Added later? If so I'm not happy, because I would be happy with this cross anyway, without the mark. If the mark is added later it really detracts if you ask me.

Now what about Junker adding the mark themselves from old stock they aquired earlier from AWS? There is the example of Z overstamping WS EK2s and makers sharing cores and hardware.

Well,of course it could be that Juncker bought pieces from AWS.....but I don't think so! For me this stamp was added by an idiot who ruined that really beaautyful EK. At home I've got some pics of an imperial L/12(I think.....)Maybe I can get it posted here tomorrow!

Micha

Well,of course it could be that Juncker bought pieces from AWS.....but I don't think so! For me this stamp was added by an idiot who ruined that really beaautyful EK. At home I've got some pics of an imperial L/12(I think.....)Maybe I can get it posted here tomorrow!

Micha

Yeah, this L/12 BS has got to stop. People adding this mark for a few extra bucks. Sad thing is I feel the cross went for not much more than an AWS would have. :banger: