News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few new portraits ( with ribbon bars too )

Got some new portraits last sunday.

Feel that they are quite nice and some have ribbon bars too.

The first one is a wounded and old fighter, no breast eagle and no collar tabs. In captivity he wouldn't have worn all his awards for a photo, so I think he got home and made a photo for memories.

heer3316.jpg

The next one has a nice ribbon bar, but no other info on that one

heer3317.jpg

"Cool" looking officer

heer3318.jpg

Another officer, army official with a rather small bar

heer3319.jpg

And one young officer with his dad and mom, daddy as a bavarian police man. Note that junior did not fit the cap very well

heer3320.jpg

Not much, but better than nothing.

Kind regards

Robert

Edited by Robert Noss

Guest Rick Research

You have an amzing eye for astonishing photos!

Note that the Oberfeldwebel is wearing--quite incorrectly-- BOTH 1918 and 1939 Black Wound Badges. That is a 1914 EK1-- I can see the "bump" from the crown on the top arm. He is a real mess-- and I would love to have known the story behind this one!

Old Leutnant dB Adolf-imitator's next to last ribbon is the 1932 commemorative medal for Bavarian Inf Rgt 2, allowed for wear with the other Weimar period Wittelsbach awards. So we know where he served in WW1. Quite rare and very nice to see.

The family group... Vati is wearing an OLD uniform last worn in 1936 or so--so he's taken it out of the closet to wear just for this photo. Junior does appear to have borrowed the hat he is wearing!

I think the NCO in the first photo has a wounded/broken left arm. Looks like he's got it in a sling and is wearing his tunic over it. That's why (I think) he only has the top two buttons buttoned. Three ribbons in his buttonhole? Could be a wartime soldbuch photo given the general angle. I agree, neat photo. I do not think he's volksturm.

As the first photo throws up a few question, I post the back here too.

heer3316a.jpg

It says:

" To my young comrade Helmut St?rmer aus Isen. In remembrance of our mission (operation / engagement) at the Saar 1944/45. Your friend Leo "

I do also not think he is Volkssturm.

The photo looks rather "home-made" and not like a quality studio taken photography.

It will probably stay a little mistery who he was.

Kind regards

Robert