News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

No idea :( ?

What about Generaloberarzt Dr. Max Hochstetter?

Hof- und Staatshandbuch K?nigreich W?rttemberg 1914: WK3 / WF3a / WD / PrRAO4

Rangliste 1914: WK3 / WF3a / WD / PrKO4

Got he in WWI EK1 / EK2 / WMV3 ? Then, if he is wearing "W?rttemberg only" on this picture, it could be him.

With regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

I can't "do" W?rttembergers. Daniel is still working on them--with all their FREAKISH returns and replacements and re-awards of the same things.

Dr. Max Hochstetter did get the WM3 on 09.12.16 as Generaloberarzt in the 9. Reservekorps.

But why would he leave off an ORDER to wear the :sleep: 1897 MEDAL?

I would suggest

Dr. Karl SCHUON (1867-1933)

born 29.08.1867 Reutlingen

1 JFrwlgr 01.04.86

Unterarzt 15.02.90 Kaiser Wilhelms Akademie

Assistenzarzt 08.09.91

Oberarzt 09.06.93

Stabsarzt 22.03.97

Oberstabsarzt 29.05.06 A

Generaloberarzt

In Feldart Rgt 49 in 1914. WF3a, WK3 awarded 1913/14. He must have received his WD1 in 1914 after the May Rangliste. No clue if he was entitled to the 1897 medal.

He received WM3 5.9.16 in 2nd Landwehr Division but where I cannot help and Daniel has the data is whether he had to REPLACE Xs to his WK3 with the WM3, whether he got those before or after his WM3, and so on. I have no date for the swords to his WK3.

I think from where it is placed, that is the photographer's signature (Scribble/Ulm?).

I would suggest

Dr. Karl SCHUON (1867-1933)

... No clue if he was entitled to the 1897 medal.

... I think from where it is placed, that is the photographer's signature (Scribble/Ulm?).

Well, you may be right. I like the idea with Dr. Schuon, the photographer?s signature and the coincidence of Ulm with Schouns regiment. Don?t know, if W?rttemberg officers were entitled to the 1897 medal. May be he was, because of his studies on a Prussian medical acadamy?

Best regards, Komtur.

Guest Rick Research

Most were not. For Bavarians and Saxons with the 1897 Medal, it seems that only soldiers in regiments whose "Chef" was the Kaiser, or who were in the mixed XV. AK forces in "Reichslande" Alsace-Lothringen got it.

... No clue if he was entitled to the 1897 medal ...

We talked today on the Berlin Militaria B?rse about this question. A well informed collector was sure, that every person serving in 1897 and before in a Prussian unit, was entitled to the so called Zentenarmedaille. As I suggested before, Schuon could wear this medal because of his studies 22.10.1885 - 15.3.1890 on the "Kaiser Wilhelms-Akademie f?r das milit?r?rztliche Bildungswesen" in Berlin (See his entry in the Stammliste der Kaiser Wilhelms-Akademie 1910).

This academy was responsible for the education of the Prussian military medicals. From 1872 also persons from W?rttemberg could study there. They change from this Prussian institution to the Sanit?tskorps of the W?rttemberg army after studies.

The last building of the "Kaiser Wilhelms-Akademie" still exists in the center of Berlin (Invalidenstra?e).

With regards, Komtur.