News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The only thing I can add is there is only one Nobach listed in the 1914 Prussian army ranklist. He is a Hauptmann d. Reserve in Gro?herzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier-Regiment Nr.89.

Thanks Mike, that's very helpful. Any other tiny fragments available, like surname or birth date?

Thanks Mike, that's very helpful. Any other tiny fragments available, like surname or birth date?

Unfortunately, the army ranklists don't list first names or any other information. Perhaps Glenn J or someone that can always find out a person's entire life history can add more.

There is a problem with the Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 89 Nobach. This individual was commissioned as a Sekonde-Lieutenant der Reserve on 14.2.93. With a birthdate of 1879 it cannot possibly be the same guy unless the birthdate is wrong.....perhaps 1869??

Another Nobach (Leutnant Patent of 16.8.07 K5k) briefly served in Infanterie-Regiment Keith (1. Oberschlesisches) Nr. 22 in 1907/1908 leaving the army with a view to emigrating on 18 October 1908. Serving in WW1 he was promoted to Oberleutnant a.D. on 14.4.15 while serving with R.I.R. Nr. 207. But again the birthdate would have made him rather old on first commissioning.

Regards

Glenn

There is a problem with the Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 89 Nobach. This individual was commissioned as a Sekonde-Lieutenant der Reserve on 14.2.93. With a birthdate of 1879 it cannot possibly be the same guy unless the birthdate is wrong.....perhaps 1869??

Another Nobach (Leutnant Patent of 16.8.07 K5k) briefly served in Infanterie-Regiment Keith (1. Oberschlesisches) Nr. 22 in 1907/1908 leaving the army with a view to emigrating on 18 October 1908. Serving in WW1 he was promoted to Oberleutnant a.D. on 14.4.15 while serving with R.I.R. Nr. 207. But again the birthdate would have made him rather old on first commissioning.

Regards

Glenn

Thanks Glenn- I believe that the second Nobach must be the one that I am looking for. He was 28 years old when commissioned, that is indeed rather old. He went to a Kadettenanstalt.

Are these the only two Nobachs to be found? Since the searched Nobach was not a professional soldier I think the second one Glenn found must be the right one.