News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small badge

Hundtorget

This small badge has been impossible for med to read - but i shall try to meet some russian here to get it translated.

I understand that it is impossible for you to read it but does someone recognize the "hat" over the eagle?

Has this badge something with the church to do and not with the army?

Edited by GeorgeCL

I am sorry - WRONG PICTURE!

Still russian but moderator if it is possible take the picture of the carpet away!

Right picture belov!

Hi from France,

A better picture(s) would help to read ! If possible taken from different points.

Rgds

yangtse

The crown on the eagle heads and between is a copy of the first Romanov crown worn by Michael Fedodorovich

Gems and gold with a banding of Sable.

The Emblem itself is the State emblem of the second Czar Alexei Mikhailovich.

The Badge is for the St petersberg Archaeological Institute.

Nice badge

George

Edited by GeorgeCL

• 2 weeks later...

This medals are for sale in sweden by someone from Latvija. I cant se anything wrong with the medals but i have no knowledge about forgeries. But what could be a reason for someone in Latvija to sell russian medals in sweden? And together with such a photography?

I am not interested to buy these medals but is wery interested to hear your opinions. I dont make a new thread about this - i dont think it is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

These two medals on the photo, China 1900-01 and Kaucasus 1837, were sold for a little below 150:- $. I didnt dare to make a bid because it was strange to me to sell them from Latvija to Sweden. Are they false?

If you want i can send photo of other side.